Friday, February 18, 2011

Dear Steve,

Yesterday, we heard the aweful new of your passing. I must say, it will never ever be the same without you.
I am extremely glad that we all got to sit with you those last few days in the hospital, talk about the old days with the kids, and I got to hear Nana tell funny stories about you and Laura. I knew that you weren't feeling too well on Wednesday, but we were all praying that you would make it through everything, like you always do. I am so sorry that this was one fight that you couldn't win. We made sure to bring Jaylin with us yesterday to see you one last time, of course, I am sure you knew we were all there. Poor Jay has been trying to stay so strong, but I know he will fall apart when Sunday gets here. You meant the world to him, and I am so glad that Mom brought you into our family!


I told you once before, but I will tell you once again. You made Mom the happiest she has ever been! And I mean that! I have seen her smile, and laugh, and love more than I ever have in my whole life. She loves you so much! We all do. I always told Drew how you coming into our lives was truly a blessing. Our family has been brought back together because of you, and I want to thank you for that.

And I will make sure to let Nana know, that even though you can't be here with us, she, Nanu, and Laura will ALWAYS be our family. I will never let them slip away from us.

Also, I am sorry that Kevin can't be here right now. But I know you would want him to stay where he is, and not make a fuss about you. I talked to him yesterday, and Mom did too, and he loves you very much. He said he would be here if he could, but with him still being in Naval bootcamp, he can't leave. But we will all be with him when he gets home, and I know you will watch over him while he is away.

For me, I just want you to know how much we are going to miss you. It is truly amazing that Mom found such a wonderful man. And I have such great respect for you for making the move out here to Tennessee, away from your family, to be with the love of your life. And I know we aren't the best family when it comes to hugs, and kisses, and all that, but I had to just hug Mom yesterday, and all I could say was "It's not fair Mom! It's just not fair!" And it isn't. You did nothing but love everyone around you, and put a smile on everyone's faces that you met. But I guess they needed you where your at now, more than they needed you here. You made a difference in so many peoples lives, even though you were only here for a short time.

Please keep a close watch on the kids from up there. You have a better view than I do. Make sure you keep them guided in the right direction. I told Jaylin you will always be with him, and it was ok to be sad, and it was ok to be mad. And I think he is starting to accept things. I know that you will always be watching his basketball games, and everything he does as he grows up. When he gets older, and gets married, I will make sure to save you a seat at the wedding. As for Haley, she is going to be completely lost when she starts seeing her Nana come through the door, and your not right there with her. But when she is old enough to understand, we will let her know how much you loved her. I promise you that. Please send her sweet dreams, and keep watch over her too. 

I will leave you now, but I will not say goodbye. This is not a goodbye, and I refuse to let it be that. This is "until we see you again". I know that you are in good hands, and we will make it through this. We miss you greatly, and we will see you later. 
We love you!!! 


Christmas 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment